Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Thoughts From Jared Doot

My most recent memories of Grandpa seem to be the most vivid to me. ( this is most likely for obvious reasons) For the past 4 years, I have always made it out to Michigan every year while living in Utah. The first year I came, I was not married and I stayed with Grandma and Grandpa with one of my very good friends, Jason Asay, who drove out with me. The night that we got to Detroit, Grandma and Grandpa were there to meet us with a huge dinner. Jason was immediately taken in with Grandpa's uncanny ability to tell a story. This was really the first time that I heard many of Grandpa's stories (Although I heard them many times after). Jason still talks to me about the funny stories that Grandpa told. His favorite was when he fell of the raft while white water rafting and the one about how he would take his dog to the bar. I always loved to hear his stories.

No comments: