Sunday, August 26, 2007

Yeah! I think I figured out this blogging stuff. Well, I just wanted to add some of the notes and comments I have received from so many friends at the news of Grandpa's passing.

From my good friends the Rosannas: It wasn't a ball game without Grandpa Doot giving play- by- play of Brian or Steven. He was just such a fan of the boys. He loved watching them. You were blessed to have him as a father, father- in - law and grandpa. Your lives are so much richer for him being there for you.

From my parents, Jack & Lucy McRae: He was such a generous and loving man. He only thought of how to make people happy. And , he was the absolutely best house painter in the whole wide world!

From my sister, Deb Lampi: Louie was just always happy. I can't remember being around him when he wasn't smiling. He truly derived joy from being around his family.

Well, that's just a few of the the remarks about Grandpa. As for me, well, Louie was more than a father - in - law. I saw so much of my husband and my sons in him. He was such a big part of their lives . His example lives on through them, and for that I am truly blessed . I could not have been more loved if I was his own daughter. God bless you, Louie. You are missed everyday. Kisses and hugs Mary

1 comment:

Jared Doot said...

way to figure it out!